SPICY Campers is a subdivision of the company GREULA D.O.O., based in Črniče 70c, 5262 Črniče, SLOVENIJA. The company manages and edits the website www.spicycampers.com. The following Spicy Camper Van Rental Terms & Conditions are the only applicable ones and binding for both parties, SPICY Campers as the "Lessor" and YOU as the "Hirer". Please do take your time to read them carefully.
Spicy Campers reserves the right to modify the present terms and conditions at any time without advance notice. In case of modification, the applicable conditions will remain those current on the day of the request of booking by the Hirer.
The Hirer must:
⁃ Be at least 25 years old.
- Hold a driver’s license in his/her name, valid and relevant to the category of the rented vehicle for at least 3 years.
⁃ Hold a Slovenian, European or International driver’s license.
⁃ Have an invoice or bill (2 months max.) of domestic supply (telephone, water, electricity, bank, etc ...) to confirm your address.
⁃ Have a credit card valid for the next 6 months from the date of hire with name and surname of the Hirer.
⁃ Carry all the booking confirmation sent by the Spicy Campers.
All of these documents must be original and valid; copies will not be accepted by Spicy Campers. In this case, Spicy Campers reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled and the Hirer shall have no claim against Spicy Campers for compensation or reimbursement whatsoever.
Any additional driver will be charged an additional 5 € per day and per driver. In the event of a loss of the Hirer's driving license, and if the Hirer hasn’t subscribed the additional driver option, the Hirer will pay for the return of the vehicle to the headquarters of Spicy Campers in Črniče, Slovenia. Therefore the Rental Agreement covers only the Hirer and the subscribed additional drivers. In addition the Hirer accepts liability for all unsubscribed drivers.
The camper van hire price is stated in the price-list. The price already includes third party-compulsory and liability insurance with 1% deductible franchise and a Green Card stating all the European Countries which the insurance policy covers.
The rental price also includes:
- Fully equipped and ready to go Camper van conversion, with everything you need to cook, eat and sleep on board the vehicle.
- Clean bedding with duvet and cover, pillows with covers and fitted sheet, camping table with 2 or 3 chairs, propane gas bottle (3kg).
- Free 300 km/day(thereafter 0,30€/kilometer) throughout the entire rental period or you can choose the unlimited option if you wish to travel more than that.
- Slovenian Vignette obligatory for the use of motorways and highways in the country.
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance.
Prices are quoted and charged in Euro, including taxes (Slovenian VAT and any other applicable taxes if necessary).
The Hirer will make a booking online via our website by providing his details and date of hiring period. After checking the availability, Spicy Campers will send the hirer via email a booking confirmation and the payment receipt for the deposit (40% of the total amount of the rental rate). By payment of the deposit, the Hirer accepts the general terms and conditions of Spicy Campers and the rental agreement is binding for both, the Hirer and Spicy Campers. Full payment for the rental fee and any additional equipment or mileage package is then required 14 days before the collection of the vehicle. In the opposite case, the booking is considered cancelled. The rental agreement and invoice will also serve as confirmation/proof of the booking.
Acceptable payment methods are:
- Direct bank transfer
- Paypal/Credit card (2% transaction charges)
- Cash: Euro (€) only.
A security deposit of 700€ is required and should be paid to Spicy Campers upon delivery at the latest. The payment of the security deposit is done in cash (Euro only) or credit card. The deposit covers the following charges:
- 1% deductible franchise and loss of liability insurance bonus in case of car accident or vehicle damage.
- minor outside and inside damages on the camper van.
- missing equipment from the Inventory checklist.
- damage which is not covered by the liability insurance.
- travel expenses for taking the camper van from the company’s seat to the authorized service provider.
- any traffic violations committed during the camper van hire.
If at the redelivery the camper van is not damaged and no equipment is missing, the deposit will be returned in full. Security deposit will be transferred to the Hirer's transaction account within 8 working days following the day of the camper van redelivery.
In case it is not possible to assess the damages immediately, Spicy Campers has 60 days to settle and refund the deposit, if appropriate, or claim the difference of this deposit and the cost of the damages.
The Hirer also agrees to pay the following unpredictable costs:
-Upon returning the vehicle: the amount of exceeded mileage, calculated at the rate stated by Spicy Campers or additional charges arising from the application of these rental Terms and Conditions.
-The amount of any type of penalties, fines, judicial and extrajudicial expenses arising from any traffic violation, whether administrative, criminal or any other kind, which are directed against vehicle, the Hirer or Spicy Campers, during the rental period, unless it is due to Spicy Campers fault.
-In the event that the vehicle is retained, blocked, sealed, deposited, seized, damaged or otherwise immobilized by any reason due to Hirer's fault, all expenses will be on the account of the Hirer, including the company profit loss on hiring during the term of the vehicle’s detention.
-Expenses incurred by Spicy Campers (including Lawyers and attorneys' fees, even though their intervention was not mandatory) in claiming the amounts owed by the Hirer under this contract.
-All damages caused to a third party or to Spicy Campers not covered by the insurance of the vehicle.
-If the Hirer delays payments, late payment interests shall apply in accordance with the legislation in force.
The Hirer has the right to cancel the camper van booking in writing. In this case Spicy Campers has the right to be reimbursed for cancellation cost. The amount of expenses depends on the time when the Hirer notifies Spicy Campers of the cancellation. Booking cancellation sum consists of lump-sum cancellation cost that depends on the day of cancellation and totals:
-More than 6 weeks before the pick-up date: all payment already made will be reimbursed entirely.
- Less than 6 weeks before the pick-up date: 40% of total hire price will be charged.
- Less than 2 weeks before
arrival : 100% payment already made will be charged.
If the Hirer, at his own request, interrupts the travel before the day stated in the Agreement, Spicy Campers is not obliged to refund the rent sum for the remaining hire period.
Spicy Campers reserves the right to cancel the booking if:
- The driving license is not valid.
- The number of guests is above the maximum occupancy allowed.
- If the Hirer is not able to provide the security deposit.
- If the Hirer is not able to provide the required documents displayed in article 1.
- If the Hirer fails to provide the booking confirmation sent by the Spicy Campers at the time of the booking.
In addition, Spicy Campers reserves the right to treat the booking as cancelled if the Hirer fails to inform Spicy Campers of a cancellation or a delay within 24 hours. In that case the Hirer will be charged the 100 % rental cost and the vehicle shall be made available for another booking.
*We suggest that you take travel insurance in order to cover any cost of the cancellation.
The rental periods are organized on a season’s basis. From mid-June to mid-September, a minimum lease of 7 days is required while between October and may the minimum lease is 3 days.
The camper vans are handled between 9:00h and 15:00h on the first day of the hire period. The camper van is redelivered on the last day of the hire period until 12:00h. Only in this case the day of collection and the day of re-delivery are regarded as one day of camper van rental.
Prolongation of hire period is not possible unless by prior agreement. Collection and re-delivery of the camper van takes place in Črniče, at the company’s headquarters or by agreement.
When redelivered, the camper van has to be clean, have full tank of DIESEL fuel, empty drinking water tank, empty waste water tank and empty toilet cassette in case you rent one as an optional.
If you don't have the time to clean the van yourself, then the extra charge cleaning option is for you (€50).
In case when the fuel tank is not full, any reimbursement for missing fuel will be charged on the basis of the Petrol’s daily price list, plus 50 EUR for fixed expenses.
Upon delivery the camper van is fully inspected (equipment, mechanics, car body, the engine etc.), operation of all devices in the camper van is checked and the Inventory Checklist is made. All defects, missing equipment, camper van damage etc. are written in the Inventory Checklist. All ascertainable damage is photographed and documented. At the redelivery, the condition of the camper van and operation of all devices are checked on the basis of the Inventory Checklist. The Hirer is responsible for all defects and damage that were not ascertained at the collection.
Lost equipment is charged on the basis of the price list the Hirer may find on the list of the received equipment ( Inventory Checklist).
All damage, defects and extra cleaning are charged according to the repair and cleaning prices estimated by third-party contractors.
In case of delay at the camper van re-delivery caused by force Majeure, the Hirer is obliged to notify Spicy Campers by phone, state the reason for the delay and approximate time of the camper van re-delivery.
In case of returning the camper van before the expiration date of the Agreement at your own request, the price stated in the Agreement stays/remains valid. If the camper van is not returned on time, you will be charged 30€ for the first hour and 50E for every following hour with a maximum of 3xdaily hire rate per day.
On the day of hire, the driver (or drivers) of the camper van has to be at least 25 years old. All drivers must have a valid driving license for a minimum of three years.
The driver (or drivers) commits himself not to consume alcoholic beverages before and while driving and not to drive under the influence of substances that decrease cognitive and motor abilities (medicines, drugs, etc.). In the opposite case the insurance company will not cover the cost and the insurance policy will not cover the damage.
By signing the Rental Agreement, the driver confirms the accuracy of his personal identification data.
By signing this agreement, the Hirer obliges himself to use the camper van exclusively for tourist purposes and by no means for any illegal purposes.
Hiring a camper van implies the respect of driving rules. It is important to remember that:
- The vehicle should be used on appropriate roads for car traffic, without participation in competitions, rallies, concerts, festivals or other competition whatever nature it is, nor to give driving lessons.
The vehicle shouldn’t:
- be used to tow (or push) any vehicle or trailer.
- be used on inappropriate roads ( Insurance Policy does not cover damages to the undercarriage and tires, therefore the Hirer is liable for the damage.)
- be used for transporting dangerous substances, explosive, combustible, poisonous or materials dangerous in any other way.
- get in contact with salt water.
- be used for transporting weapons, drugs and alike.
- be leased to a third person.
- be driven through war-affected and other dangerous areas.
The Hirer and the passengers are not allowed to smoke in any part of the camper van, enter with shoes with rough soles, jump from the bed on the floor, keep domestic animals inside the vehicle without supervision and use the vehicle carelessly or negligently. In case of infringement of this article, Spicy Campers is entitled to reimbursement for all costs arising in connection with this article. In case of smoking inside the camper van, the Hirer is charged 150 EUR for the covers washing and deep cleaning.
The camper van can be used for traveling to all European countries except for those that are war-affected or traveling there is undesired for other reasons. Traveling to those countries is permissible only with prior agreement and adequate camper van insurance.
In the case of traveling to a country where higher risk of theft, break-in or other damage that might be caused to the camper van exist, the Hirer has to provide for adequate security and protection of the camper van.
On May 1, 2009 a new act on changes in Hospitality and Catering Industry Act (Zakon o izmjenama Zakona o ugostiteljskoj djelatnosti) came into force in Croatia. According to this Act, camping, parking or lodging for the night outside camps or places intended for parking are violations that are punished with fine. Prohibited camping on private properties may lead to sealing the camper van for 60 days. Unsealing it is a violation of the law.
- The hirer strictly binds himself not to infringe this act. In case of infringement the hirer himself bears responsibility and covers all costs arising from the infringement, covers all expenses of the lessor’s income loss and all damage to the camper van caused in the time of sealing.
If the camper van breaks down during the hire period (during travel) the Hirer tries to do away with the defect at the nearest authorized Car Service provider, but only with previous consent with Spicy Campers. If the Hirer is not responsible for the breakdown, he should, at the camper van redelivery, present the original invoice with the name of the Car Service provider/owner written on it. Only and exclusively then, the Lessor provides a refund for the Hirer’s expenses.
The Hirer obliges himself that he will, in the event of an accident (road accident, theft, break-in, parking damage etc.), report the eventual damage on the camper van to the police (competent for the country where the accident has happened) and call Spicy Campers within 24 hours.
The Hirer has to hand over the adequate documentation, a European Accident Statement, and a camper van damage sketch. The Accident report has to include the names and personal identification data of all accident participants.
In the case of drinking and driving the Hirer bears all costs.
In the event of serious damages to the camper van, being the Hirer's fault, and it is foreseen that the vehicle will not be used for a long period of time or if it must be withdrawn from circulation, Spicy Campers may refuse to provide a replacement vehicle. In this case, the termination of the contract with the Hirer will be excluded, and the Hirer will be obliged to pay the full price of the hire, plus costs that these actions may have caused. If Spicy Campers decides to offer a replacement vehicle available to the Hirer, the Hirer will be charged with any costs arising there from.
The camper van has compulsory and liability insurance with 1 % deductible.
The camper van may be used exclusively by the Hirer stated in the Agreement.
- The Hirer must observe and respect traffic regulations.
- The Hirer shall be liable for the value of the liability insurance deductible in respect of any damage as a result of his fault and, in this respect, Spicy Campers cost on account of loss of bonus.
- The Hirer bears unlimited responsibility in case the damage is caused by the unauthorized driver, excessive load and by any other prohibited ways of usage.
- In case the insurance company for any reason refuses the payment, the Hirer is obliged to cover the damage.
- For damages not originating from the road accident, the Hirer himself bears responsibility.
- The Hirer obliges himself to have the documents and camper van keys always on him when leaving the camper van. In the opposite case the insurance company will not cover the costs arising from camper van theft, which means the Hirer has to cover all costs himself.
- The Hirer shall check all of the use controls of the vehicle such as oil level every 1000 km, tires pressure and, faulty lights and so on. The Hirer shall pay attention to the indicators on the vehicle panel. Any damage caused by the lack of care and attention of the Hirer to the vehicle’s engine (oil level, engine temperature, wrong fuel choice, battery stagnation, cooling liquids…) will remain at the Hirer charge.
- The Hirer has to use the camper van as a careful and conscientious holder. Think of it as your own vehicle.
Spicy Campers provides the camper van in perfect technical condition, without defects that might cause an accident.
Spicy Campers is not responsible for the Hirer's personal property left behind or forgotten in the camper van. In the case of unforeseen event, damaged or not roadworthy camper van on the first day of the hire period, the parties either re-arrange the hire for another day or Spicy Campers provides a full refund of amount the hirer has paid.
Spicy Campers will bear no responsibility in any other case.
Failure to comply with the articles of this Agreement or any dispute may be settled in the District Court of Nova Gorica, Slovenia. Inventory Checklist and all booking documentation is also part of this Agreement.